Transfers of materials or data from UCSF to an outside organization are known as Outgoing Transfers.
OTM Officers are the only officials authorized to sign:
- Outgoing MTAs to for-profit companies, and
- Non-human, non-profit outgoing MTAs that have negotiated language changes from the pre-approved UCSF or UBMTA templates.
Principal Investigators may sign Do-It-Yourself Non-Profit Outgoing MTAs for their own non-human material upon the following conditions:
- The recipient institution is a non-profit academic research institution.
- The material to be transferred does not include human specimens or data, and was developed in the PI’s lab at UCSF.
- There are no third party rights to the material, or the third party rights have previously been cleared by the OTM.
- The recipient institution has agreed to accept the MTA template language without any changes.