Industry Sponsored Agreements
- What documents are required in order to begin negotiation and award of an industry-sponsored project (clinical or non-clinical)?
- Who should I contact to begin contract negotiations with an industry sponsor?
- Who is responsible for negotiating the budget for an industry sponsored clinical trial agreement?
- What are the Facilities & Administrative (F&A) Cost Rate for Industry-Sponsored Projects?
- What is the F&A Policy for Fellowship Awards? What are the differences between a grant and a fellowship?
Invention Disclosure & Technology Management
- Does disclosing to ITA protect my invention?
- How far in advance of publication do I need to disclose?
- Can I still publish after disclosing an invention?
- My invention needs further development to be commercially viable. Can ITA help me with this?
- What happens to proceeds generated from licensing of inventions and patents?
- When will I begin to see revenue from my patented invention?
- What is an MTA?
- When do I need to use an MTA?
- Why are outgoing MTAs required?
- What is the UBMTA?
- Which institutions are signatories to the UBMTA?
- Who can sign an “Incoming” MTA or Data Use Agreement?
- Who can sign an “Outgoing” MTA or Data Use Agreement?
- What are third party rights/obligations?
- What if I want to transfer material I obtained from another institution?
- What is a Data Use Agreement?
- What is patentable?
- What is "prior art"?
- What is a public disclosure?
- How does the patenting process generally work?
- What’s the inventor’s role in patenting?
- Why does ITA file patents?
- How does ITA decide what to patent?
- How much does it cost to obtain and manage a patent and who pays the patent costs?
- Who is considered an inventor on a patent?
- What happens if there is a co-inventor from another institution?
- What if ITA doesn’t pursue patenting?
- Is software patentable?
- What is a provisional patent application?
- What is a PCT application?
- What options are available if I've already published or presented information about my invention?
- How can I avoid the award date of a NIH grant from becoming a public disclosure?